Confined Space Rescue, Supervision and Management
Intech Environmental Limited specialise in providing confined space cover and rescue. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide a safe, cost-effective solution for all confined space requirements especially within difficult and restricted access.
The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, specifically regulation 5 of the confined space regulations (emergency arrangements), makes it clear that reliance on the emergency services alone is not sufficient enough to comply with the Confined Space Regulations 1997.
Intech Environmental Limited specialise in providing confined space cover and rescue. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide a safe, cost-effective solution for all confined space requirements especially within difficult and restricted access, anywhere around the UK. Our aim is in keeping all working parties safe and free from harm.
All of our employees are trained in Confined Space Entry (High Risk Level 3), which is the highest level of training, to ensure that we always have highly trained and experienced technicians available for our clients, and these teams have you covered regardless of the environment and task.
Where possible, we will work with your own teams where training and skill-set allows.
When you need experienced and adaptable solutions our highly skilled employees:
• Have extensive certification in rescue and recovery of casualties from confined spaces
• Regularly train in casualty recovery using a range of confined space equipment and scenarios
• Have current first aid at work certificates
• Are fully trained in the use of oxygen resuscitators and defibrillators
Services available from us:
Confined Spaces Supervision, Management and Rescue
• Confined space identification and classification
• Provide confined space rescue teams and/or rope rescue teams, using multi-skilled technicians subject to your specific requirements
• Provide risk assessment, method statement, first aid risk assessment, safe system of work (SSOW) and rescue plan
• Ensure all equipment checks have been carried out
• Ensure that the rescue provision is suitable and sufficient
• Provide a comprehensive safety brief prior to starting work
• Monitor and supervise all personnel entering the work space, ensuring this is done in the safest possible way
• Monitor the health, safety and wellbeing of entrants at all times
• Monitor atmospheric conditions of the confined space and advise if any additional precautions should be taken, or if works should be re-assessed
• Monitor and supervise all personnel exiting the work space, ensuring this is done in the safest possible way
• Should the need arise for the rescue team to perform a rescue, the rescue plan will be implemented and a safe rescue will be carried out
• Manage all members of the rescue, entry and surface teams during the works
Entry / Access Teams
We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive range of entry and access services. Our highly skilled team of entry/access technicians are trained in confined space entry and rope access, ensuring that the most technically demanding tasks are completed in a safe and effective way.
o Inspections of tanks, chambers, culverts etc.
o Vessel and tank cleaning
o Blockage, silt and debris removal
Our technicians utilise the following Intech equipment, (subject to application and environment):
• Access equipment | Harnesses
• Environmental monitoring equipment
• First aid kits | Oxygen resuscitators | AED defibrillators
• Rescue stretchers | Emergency escape breathing apparatus
• Personal lamps | Communication systems
Our client’s needs remain at the heart of our service which is why we take the time
to fully understand your requirements.
To do this we offer a free site visit and consultation service.
Call us on 01724 279007 to arrange.